Wild Outside can support your school in embedding outdoor learning through Forest School programmes or teacher - inservice.
• An outdoor learning programme which develops confidence, communication skills and physical fitness
• Naturally delivers the four capacities underpinning Curriculum for Excellence
• Takes place in a woodland environment over a 6-12 week period
• A powerful CPD tool for staff providing confidence in outdoor learning.
"The outdoor environment is a crucial learning space for our children. Forest School was a fantastic opportunity for every child to explore, investigate and develop skills that will support them in other aspects of their lives. The leaders provided much encouragement and delivered with great passion. They ensured all children were achieving success at each of their individual levels. In my classroom, the excitement of
'Forest School day' (and the
disappointment of the course
completion) provided evidence of
just how much this experience was
appreciated and enjoyed."
Lynsey MacCorquodale, P7 teacher.
Outdoor Learning CPD
We design bespoke in-service sessions for teachers and support staff to develop confidence and enthusiasm in outdoor learning. Sessions can be delivered on the school grounds or in local woodland.
Activities might include:
• Identifying learning outcomes
more effectively delivered outdoors
• Developing your school grounds on a shoestring
• Resource making
• Practical strategies and activities
Heather and Karen would be happy to come to your school to discuss the possibilities or offer a taster session. Get in touch through our Contact page.